Friends of Swanscombe Heritage Park
The Friends of Swanscombe Heritage Park was set up in 2004, to promote community involvement in managing the park and to encourage local residents to use the park as well as highlight the importance of the Heritage Park.
If you would like more information on Friends of Swanscombe Heritage Park please contact Groundwork Kent & Medway on 01322 384848
- Francis Wenban-Smith, flintknapper, Palaeolithic specialist and author of this site
- Jon Lord, flintknapper and prehistorian
- Carl Lee, flintknapper and prehistorian
These links contain a diversity of material that may interest, entertain or inform.
Three recently published books also feature substantial sections on Early Man with especial reference to Swanscombe.
- Centre for the Archaeology of Human Origins
- Ancient Human Occupation of Britain project (AHOB)
- Lithic Studies Society
- Swanscombe and Greenhithe Town Council
- Kent County Council Heritage Conservation
- Natural England
- Cuxton, another Kent handaxe site
- Williams, J.H. (ed) 2007. The Archaeology of Kent to AD 800. The Boydell Press, Woodbridge.
- Stringer, C.B. 2006. Homo Britannicus: the Incredible Story of Human Life in Britain. Allen Lane.
- Pitts, M. & Roberts, M.B. 1997. Fairweather Eden: Life in Britain Half a Million Years Ago as Revealed by the Excavations at Boxgrove. Century, London